We have an exciting month ahead of us as we explore the topic of failure. We invite you join the conversation on social media.
- Register for our Salon while space is still available – tickets always go quickly. Want to improve your performance skills?
- Register for our workshop on May 25, 2017.
- And finally, participate in our book club by picking up a copy of Amanda Lang’s The Beauty of Discomfort.
We look forward to seeing you soon!
Salon: The Other ‘F’ Word
Wednesday, May 10, 2017 | 6:30 p.m. – 9:30 p.m.
“The wisdom of learning from failure is incontrovertible, yet we avoid it at all costs. Why do most fear it? Should we embrace it? Either way, what’s at stake?”
Join us for drinks and snacks as we discuss the importance of failure while hearing talks from the Louisa Jewell, Speaker and Founder of Canadian Positive Psychology Association, and Sarah Wells, Speaker and Olympic Hurdler.
Workshop: Performance Skills for Speakers and Presenters
Thursday, May 25, 2017 | 8:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
Do you often present or speak in public? Do you wish you were more confident in your performance ability – do you know how and when to move, use your body, gesture and incorporate vocal intonation to enhance your content? This half-day workshop will focus on improving your body language, vocal skills and performance techniques to help you appear cool, confident and engaged during any presentation or talk.
Participants of this half day workshop will learn:
- Body language – what your body is saying might be different from what you mean
- The impact of status and how to use it for maximum efficiency
- How your to use your voice to affect how people engage
- Being present on stage, what this looks like and what it doesn’t
- Tips and tricks for remembering your talk with minimal use of visuals
The Beauty of Discomfort by Amanda Lang
Join us this month as we read Amanda Lang’s The Beauty of Discomfort. At the end of the month we will provide you with our takeaways from the book and encourage you to also join the conversation using #TalkBoutiqueReads on Twitter and Facebook. Happy reading!