We have a lot going on during the month of October and would love for you to join us at some of these great events.
- Make sure to attend our upcoming Salon, Answers vs. Questions on November 1st
- Get your ticket to attend the SingularityU Canada Summit, its next week and there are only a few tickets left. It is a MUST ATTEND event for anyone interested in predicting the future! We can’t wait!
- Purchase your ticket to attend TEDxToronto, you have a little more time, it’s at the end of the month. Again, we are going, so join us at this annual MUST SEE event.
- Join us in reading Factoring Humanity by Robert Sawyer our book club selection this month
- Order your copy of Louisa Jewell’s, Wire Your Brain for Confidence we will be reading it together next month so get a head start!
We look forward to seeing you soon!
Salon: Answers vs. Questions
November 1, 2017 | 6:30 p.m. – 10:00 p.m.
We ponder the concept of what it means to be human in this talk focused on Answers vs. Questions.
Futurist Gerd Leonhard inspired our question for the latest installment of our Salon Series.
Gerd argues that computers are for answers and humans are for questions, this is a seminal distinction that could contribute to what it is to be human. Because we now live in a world where AI, robotics and wearable technology are becoming commonplace, we see the concept of humanity beginning to blur, so we ask the question:
In order to preserve our humanity do we need to focus less on the invention of new technology and focus more on the creation of provocative questions?
Reserve your spot today and stay tuned as we will announce the speakers and location very soon.
SingularityU Canada Summit
“SingularityU Canada Summit is the premier launch event of a new movement to inspire Canadians to shape the Future of Canada and drive global impact. By bringing together leading Canadian and International thought leaders, the Summit will provide a forum for true debate and uncommon conversations about how technologies like artificial intelligence, nanotechnology, and digital medicine will impact the way we live and work.”
The Talk Boutique team is proud to be part of this amazing community by helping to curate and program the SingularityU Canada Summit.
Join us as we read Factoring Humanity by Robert Sayer. At the end of the month we will provide you with our own book review. Please join the conversation by using #TalkBoutiqueReads on Twitter and Facebook.
If you want to get a head start on November’s book, pick up your copy of Louisa Jewell’s Wire Your Brain for Confidence, The Science of Conquering Self-Doubt.