Talk Boutique Workshops
StoryBuilding and Performance for Presenters
September 13, 2018
9:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Do you love to watch TED Talks? Do you marvel at the ease with which some speakers present complex information, making it easy to understand? Do you find yourself presenting or speaking in public from time to time and wish you were more confident in your performance ability?
Learn how and when to move around your stage, communicate body language confidently, use gestures and vocal intonation to powerfully engage your audience in this full-day workshop.
Studies have shown that developing clear content and knowing how to comfortably present it will enhance your career AND make your business or personal speaking opportunities more powerful.
This workshop will provide you with the basics of how to write and present short, powerful and engaging talks that will increase your presentations skills and give you the confidence to get up and deliver YOUR own talk or business presentation with ease.
Participants of this full-day workshop will learn:
- The essentials of giving a powerful talk
- How to use story/metaphor/analogy as tools to create an understanding and lasting impact
- A proven framework that can be used to develop any presentation long or short
- Body language – what your body is saying might be different from what you actually mean
- The impact of status and how to use it for maximum efficiency
- How your voice and the choices you make affect how people engage
- Being present on stage, what this looks like and what it doesn’t
- Tips and tricks for remembering your talk with minimal use of visuals
This workshop is a MUST attend for anyone who is interested in speaking publicly or who gives business or personal presentations on a regular basis. It will definitely change the way you approach writing and preparing for your talks. Snacks, coffee, tea, and water provided throughout the day.