What Our Clients Are Saying
A Few Words From Those We Have Coached
Even Tiger Woods has a coach! That’s why when I need help pushing my speaking to the highest levels possible — keeping me on my best game in front of any audience, I turn to Andrea Sampson. She is one of the few coaches I trust and will listen to when it comes to helping me give my best performance.
– Mark Bowden, Internationally renown keynote speaker and speaking coach to Fortune 100 CEOs and G8 Leaders.
Connecting with an audience and delivering a great keynote is a craft. There’s nothing accidental about it. That’s why I work with Andrea Sampson. She has helped me transform my performance. She pushes my ideas, and helps me organize them in a way that will resonate with my audiences. I highly recommend her.
– Jeremy Miller, Professional Speaker, Author and Marketing Professional
I owe a lot to Nick. He guided me with every aspect of the talk, from the structure, the physical gestures, correcting the grammar, to the emotional expressions, even the walking on and off stage. He always arrived with a smile on his face and when we were not meeting he would come up with ideas and suggestions to improve the talk. There is the 10,000 hour rule to become an expert in any field, I actually think Nick is way, way, past that number of hours.
– Tarek Ibrahim, Inventor, Entrepreneur, Founder of Airvinci
I thoroughly enjoyed working with Nick Kindler – he is a great coach. He was not shy about giving me critical feedback, but did it in a way that was productive and effective. Nick gave me great advice on content and delivery for my TEDxToronto talk. It was fantastic to work with him and I’m happy to recommend him highly.
– Dr. Molly Shoichet, Professor of Chemical Engineering & Applied Chemistry, Chemistry and Biomaterials & Biomedical Engineering at the University of Toronto
Andrea’s help and perspective on crafting my TEDxToronto talk was invaluable. She has all the right skills – the curiosity and desire to understand content, a natural gift with narrative, and a keen sense of her audience.
– David J. Fleet, Senior Fellow, Canadian Institute for Advanced Research and Professor, Department of Computer Science, University of Toronto
Nick has been an excellent speaker coach for our senior executive. He has an outstanding natural ability to make senior executives excel at group speaking skills.
– Clint Mahlman, Executive Vice President & Chief Operating Officer at London Drugs Limited
I had the very good fortune of having Andrea coach me through a TEDxToronto presentation last year, her mentoring was flawless, guiding my narrative without forcing anything. I honestly can’t say enough good things about the experience, and would recommend her without hesitation to colleagues in a similar position.
– Keith Vanderlinde, Assistant Professor, Dunlap Institute for Astronomy & Astrophysics, Department of Astronomy & Astrophysics, University of Toronto
I’ve been making speeches all my life. Countless presentations coupled with lectures to my kids had me thinking I knew what I was doing. Andrea and Nick, despite all my bad habits, made me a better speaker. Better because they showed me how to tell human stories. Better because I learned to become more vulnerable. Connecting with people, truly connecting, making a large audience feel they are an audience of one, is a rare talent.”
Thanks to Talk Boutique, I’m at least aware now how difficult but also how satisfying that connection can be.
– Randy VanDerStarren, Take Your Seat
In working with Andrea/Talk Boutique I’ve found a partner who challenges my thinking and pushes me to strip my message to its core. She helped me build and strengthen my own story and then gave me the tools and confidence to put it out there. I highly recommend her.
– Marianne Lefever
Nick was excellent at pushing me to drop the jargon and get to the core ideas resulting in presentations that are easy to understand, concise and engaging yet factual and supported by data. I would highly recommend Nick for anyone looking to improve their speaking skills.
– Monika Krzyzanowska
I have been speaking for many years but I recently launched a book and I turned to Andrea Sampson to help me formulate a new kind of talk on the subject of my book. She is really an amazing speaking coach who has taken my speaking abilities to the next level. She knows how to connect to a crowd and what appeals to an audience. I found her advice and guidance invaluable and would highly recommend her to anyone.
– Louisa Jewell
Immediately after I found out I was going to be doing a TEDx Talk, I planned to contact Andrea. Andrea far exceeded my expectations. She was great at fully understanding my message and guiding me to deliver it in a unique and captivating way. I was impressed with her attention to detail not just in the content, but body language and delivery.
– Amy Tepperman
You were such a pleasure to work with, and I learned a great deal from you. I have no doubt the presentation turned out the way it did because of all your efforts and on top of that, it helped me make it a fun and really enjoyable experience.
– Anthony von Mandl
What Our Workshop Participants Are Saying
- Thank you so much for the workshop today. It is obvious that both you and Nick have spent a tremendous time coaching speakers and presenters. You both exude the most perfect mix of encouragement and constructive criticism – which is definitely an art. You have created a very motivating and safe classroom in an absolutely stunning location, and since you both are also very engaging and interesting, the hours just flew by.
- Both Andrea and Nick were extremely insightful in providing constructive feedback, but also did a great job in creating a supportive environment for everyone tackling public speaking.
- Loved how interactive the class format was and the material was very accessible.
- Andrea and Nick are both phenomenal instructors.
- It provided great tools that we immediately implemented, and it certainly got us out of us comfort zone yet at the same time made us feel we could do it.
- Tremendous value plus fun! Intend to follow up with more training and one-on-one assistance and coaching.